Tuesday, August 23, 2011

cheers to summer.

wow. it's been a long time since I have updated this thing... but here I go:

this summer has been crazy. Between some awesome trips, I was given rad opportunities to encounter so many incredible kids. Blessed by every circumstance, the childlike faith that each and every kid had was probably one of the most inspiring things to witness and be a part of. Whether it was their willingness to ask questions, or just their passion to be honest with each other despite what the others would say.. it taught me so much. So often in life we forget how much people relate to weakness; always feeling the need to be strong, we hide the fact that we are weak therefore the lords power isnt able to shine through clearly in our lives. Seeking this lord is one thing, but recognizing his faithfulness amidst brokenness is another. Really dwelling in the Lord is something that has impacted my summer more than anything& tasting and seeing that the lord is good [pslam 34] has made me more grateful than ever.

now is when I wait. waiting for what you may ask? waiting for college. This summer the Lord has been preparing my heart so much for leaving, and now that all of my friends have left, enjoying college, and becoming best friends with the semester system, the quarter system and I are not on very good terms. cheers to patience. Patience in the Lord's timing for things, patience for what HE has prepared for me in seattle, and patience in the friends he has for me there. If you know me, I'm not usually a patient person, so this is huge and definitely a transformation haha.




^^^
last thing: one of the weeks spent with kids this summer was spent at hume lake. Being able to counsel 7 amazing 8th graders with a passion for the Lord was a great end to my summer& Each and every heart that I was able to pour into blessed me in ways I cant even describe.weird how time flies, feels like yesterday when I was in the meadow.


full house @ hume? click here

No comments:

Post a Comment